Sean joined Clapp Ferrucci in August 2017. He has over twenty years of diverse experience as a litigator in state and federal courts and arbitrations. Sean's practice has included cases involving commercial/business litigation, ownership disputes among shareholders in closely-held corporations, creditor's rights litigation, commercial foreclosures, landlord/tenant eviction proceedings, construction-related litigation, professional liability (lawyers, accountants and engineers), estate and trust litigation, and personal injury claims. Examples of Sean's litigation experience are set forth below.
Sean has an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell and has been an Indiana Super Lawyer from 2010-2017. He is also a Fellow of the Indianapolis Bar Foundation. Sean is a member of the Executive Committee of the IndyBar Litigation Section.
Sean is a board member for the School Commission for Holy Spirit Catholic School. He coaches youth sports at Holy Spirit Catholic School and the Mother Theodore Guerin Catholic Academies. Prior to joining Clapp Ferrucci, Sean was an associate and partner with Hoover Hull Turner, LLP (2001-2017) and an associate with Johnson Smith LLP (1997-2001). Sean was admitted to the bar in Indiana and the United States District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana in 1997.
Business & Commercial Litigation
- Represented shareholders in ownership dispute involving claims for breach of fiduciary duties.
- Represents members in LLC involving dispute over ownership percentage of units in LLC.
- Represents members in LLC involving dispute over alleged failure to properly issue distributions to members and amend operating agreement.
- Represented buyer in dispute over sale of goods arising from defect in manufacturing and termination of contract.
- Represented insurers in insurance coverage disputes.
- Represented purchaser of loan from lender in action to quiet title.
- Represented municipality in dispute over alleged defects in construction of publicly funded building.
- Represented non-profit in dispute over renovations and addition to its building.
- Represented material suppliers with respect to mechanic liens, bond claims and notice to owner claims
Creditor's Rights Litigation
- Represented debtor in possession in over 40 adversary proceedings involving claims of fraudulent transfers and preferences.
- Represented self-managed and third-party managed commercial properties involving evictions, leases and subleases and enforcement of personal guaranties.
- Represented lender in commercial foreclosure of strip mall, including appointment of receiver.
- Defended preference claims for trade creditors and service providers.
- Defended civil engineer in malpractice action related to design and development of apartment complex.
- Pursued accounting malpractice claim against Big Four accounting firm.
- Defended law firm in legal malpractice action involving allegations of conflict of interest and failure to actively pursue claims and discovery.
- Defended attorney against legal malpractice claims relating to representation of personal representative of estate.
- Defended attorney against legal malpractice claim involving allegations of wrongful distribution of settlement proceeds from multi-party settlement.
- Pursued personal injury claims on behalf of individuals injured in car accidents.
- Pursued underinsured claim for policy limits against insurer following policy limits settlement against negligent driver in motor vehicle accident.
- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Indiana University Kelley School of Business
- Major: Marketing
Honors and Awards
- AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell
- Indiana Super Lawyers® (2010–2017)
- Fellow, Indianapolis Bar Association
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of the Executive Committee, IndyBar Litigation Section
- Member of the Indiana State Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Member of the ABA Construction Industry Forum and Litigation Section
- Coaches youth sports at Holy Spirit Catholic School and Mother Theodore Guerin Catholic Academies
- Board Member of Holy Spirit Catholic School Commission